Active Schools is a national programme that offers school pupils the chance to take part in sports and physical activities in and out of school.
Active Schools aims to increase children's participation in physical activity and provide lifelong health and social benefits. The programme is funded by the national agency for sport in Scotland - Sportsscotland.
Regular sport and physical activity sessions take place on school premises and are delivered by a suitably qualified coach.
Information on sessions and how to register will be promoted through teachers, school newsletters and posters displayed in schools. Ask for further information at your school office or Physical Education department.
You can get the latest Active Schools updates by following our social media sites:
- Follow @DGCsport on Twitter
- Like Annandale and Eskdale Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Nithsdale Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Stewartry Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Wigtownshire Active Schools on Facebook
You can also email the team in your area for further information:
- Annandale and Eskdale - email@example.com
- Nithsdale - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stewartry - email@example.com
- Wigtownshire - firstname.lastname@example.org
It would be difficult to provide many of the sport sessions without trained volunteers. We need people to support us by delivering coaching and helping out at events.
Email email@example.com if you'd like to have a chat about how you could help.
We provide appropriate training for all volunteers.