Council housing

We no longer have any council houses. Housing associations are the main providers of new and affordable social housing in Dumfries and Galloway.

Applications for social rented housing can be made through Homes4D&G . This is the name of the common housing register and is a partnership between:

  • Wheatley Homes South
  • Cunninghame Housing Association
  • Irvine Housing Association
  • Home Scotland
  • Dumfries and Galloway Council

You can submit an application to Homes4D&G which is considered using the same allocation policy to assess applications and allows you to be considered for a tenancy with any of the partnership landlords.

Loreburn Housing Association utilises a Choice Based Lettings system to allocate properties. You can register online at Loreburn Lettings .

Anyone aged 16 or over can apply and allocations are made based on a number of factors. Prioritisation takes account of individual circumstances and identifies people with the greatest need. This includes:

  • your medical needs
  • the number of occupants and bedrooms in your home
  • the standard of your current property
  • the type and length of your tenancy agreement
  • whether you have to share facilities with others
  • whether you are living in a flat with children
  • if you need to move to provide or receive care

Other sources of support

Depending on your situation you may also find help and support from other services. You can find out who might help you locally by using find my nearest and choosing 'Housing Support Outreach Services'.

Page last updated: 16/02/2023
email icon print icon