Public performances by children

You may need a child entertainment licence if your production or activity includes children and young people who attend school.

Productions and activities include:

  • Television
  • Theatre
  • Modelling
  • Sport

You need a licence so we can make sure that the child's learning and wellbeing are protected during the production or activity. The licence will only cover the one production or activity.

How to apply for a performance licence

To apply for a free licence, download the performance licence application form and associated documents. Applications must be received by Dumfries and Galloway Council no less than 21 days before the first performance, or activity for which the licence is required, or the licence may not be granted.

Further information

You can get in touch with us if you need more details on a licence:

Page last updated: 15/11/2023
email icon print icon