Dumfries and Galloway Council is run by 43 councillors who are elected every five years by the residents they represent. The council area is made up of 12 wards with either three or four councillors in each ward.
Our administration is a partnership between Labour and the Scottish National Party.
Councillor Tracey Little is the Provost of Dumfries and Nithsdale.
There are currently 6 political groupings:
- Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party - 16 members
- Scottish National Party (SNP) - 11 members
- The Scottish Labour Group - 11 members
- The Independent Group - 3 members
- Scottish Liberal Democrats - 1 member
- Non Aligned Group - 1 member
Councillors are part of committees which meet regularly and you're welcome to attend most meetings. We publish meeting papers online so you can see when meetings will take place, what will be discussed or what decisions were made.