Pay council tax
You can pay council tax online, by direct debit, by telephone or in person.
You can arrange for payments to be taken by Direct Debit; weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
For weekly and fortnightly Direct Debits the payment will be requested from your bank on a Friday.
For monthly Direct Debits you can choose from the 1st, 8th, 15th or 21st of the month.
You can also call 030 33 33 3005 to set up payments.
You can pay through our secure website using credit or debit card.
You can make payments by telephone using credit or debit card.
- 24 hour automated service - call 0845 603 2025
- Speak to an operator during office hours - call 030 33 33 3005
Telephone or internet banking
You can send payments by telephone or internet banking using these details:
- Account number: 06040283
- Sort code: 80-11-60 (Bank of Scotland)
- Recipient: Dumfries and Galloway Council
- Reference: 10 digit council tax account number and postcode (no spaces)
Post Office or PayPoint
You can pay at Post Offices and PayPoints with your payment card or barcoded bill.
You can post cheques to Communities Directorate, Income Team, PO Box 9089, Dumfries DG1 9EB. Cheques should be made payable to Dumfries and Galloway Council, please write your council tax account number on the back.
Difficulties making payments
There are a number of options if you're struggling to pay.
- Check if you're entitled to help - you may qualify for a reduction or exemption
- Speak to a trained advisor - we can give you confidential benefit and money advice
You should contact us as soon as you realise you're having problems paying.