Funding for arts projects
The purpose of Dumfries and Galloway Regional Arts Fund is to increase the number of high-quality arts projects that contribute to the wellbeing of communities across Dumfries and Galloway and create public benefit.
The investment priorities were developed by DG Unlimited (Dumfries and Galloway Chamber of the Arts) on behalf of the arts sector in the region.
Up to £50,000 is available to support projects across the region taking place between 1 April 2024 and 31 March 2025. A project must deliver at least one of the following outcomes:
Outcome 1 - Connecting
- Arts organisations, venues and creative producers across all artforms have more opportunities to create, share and tour their products across Dumfries and Galloway and beyond
Outcome 2 - Collaboration
- Arts organisations have more opportunities to create new work, or to provide ways for people to take part in the arts, through new or strengthened partnerships with creative practitioners and/or organisations from other creative disciplines: or from other professional sectors e.g., health, young people, heritage
Successful applications will also demonstrate a commitment to delivering one of the following fund priorities:
- Promote and increase equality of access and benefit from the arts, with an emphasis on reaching the most vulnerable in our communities;
- Help young people fulfil their potential through the arts;
- Contribute to the wellbeing of the region, whether that be economic, health or emotional wellbeing;
- Respond to climate change and transition to a carbon neutral region.
Who can apply
Constituted Third Sector, community or voluntary groups, registered charities and social enterprises who meet our funding criteria can apply for project funding.
Projects should be completed by 31 March 2025.
We can't fund individual artist led projects. DG Unlimited have a practice development fund called Innovate Create Cultivate for individuals across all art forms except for visual artists and craftmakers who can access the Visual Artists and Craftmaker Awards Fund .
How to apply
We recommend that you speak to a member of the DG Unlimited team about your project before submitting your application. - please email email@example.com. Visit DG Unlimited's Regional Arts Fund webpage.
Please email your completed application form and any supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 8am on Monday 15 January 2024.
What happens next
Decisions on funding will be communicated before the end of March 2024.
We might contact you for further information about your application as we're processing and assessing it. We'll be able to complete the process more quickly if you respond as soon as possible.
Further applications will be invited if any funds remain available.