Common Good Funds
Our Common Good Fund provides groups or individuals with financial help to organise events and activities for residents in their area.
The Common Good Funds are made up of money, land and buildings plus moveable items such as the provost chain and badge, various robes and official garments, paintings and artifacts. We keep a register of land and buildings owned by Common Good Funds.
Depending on the criteria, funds may be awarded for:
- improving the appearance of the area
- attracting people into the area
- positively raising the profile of the area
- promoting awareness of the area
- contributing to a larger scale project with a longer term goal
Funding is open to a range of applicants, including:
- Third sector, voluntary and community organisations
- Community groups which have a constitution
Apply for funding
Royal Burgh of Dumfries
Royal Burgh of Kirkcudbright
Royal Burgh of Annan
- Applications for Annan are currently closed.
Royal Burgh of Lochmaben
- Applications for Lockerbie are currently closed
Royal Burgh of Whithorn
Royal Burgh of Wigtown