Parental Involvement and Engagement (PIE)
The Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement Act) 2006 asks us in Education to:
- Support parents be involved and engaged in the school and the education of your children.
- Help parents to set up Parent Council
- Give advice and information to parents to help them run their Parent Council
- Give advice and information to parents generally, and
- Establish a complaints procedure for representations under the Act.
We do this by working with:
- Schools - who communicate regularly with you so you know what your child is learning, how they are learning and how you can be included.
- Parent Councils - who are set up by parents to represent all parents in your school.
- Other officers not in schools who listen to the views of schools, parents, Parent Councils, community partners, carers and children and young people to provide support.
Page last updated: 12/02/2024