Dumfries and Galloway Regionwide Community Fund
Dumfries and Galloway Council has established the Regionwide Community Fund, which is a source of funding open for applications from community groups and projects anywhere in the region.
The Fund was launched in 2019 to distribute funding contributed at the discretion of windfarms in the region. It is a source of funding to support applications aimed at improving:
- Local business and skills
- Community and environment
- Culture and tourism
- Affordable housing
- Community transport
- Broadband connectivity
- Fuel poverty
- Energy conservation and production
- Support local recovery from Covid-19 pandemic
Who can apply and how much can you apply for?
Constituted groups in Dumfries and Galloway, with their own bank account can apply for a minimum of £500 up to a maximum award of £5,000
Dumfries & Galloway Region Wide Community Fund cannot be used for:
- Core costs for existing work (though it can support start-up costs for new projects)
- Staff salaries (paying staff already employed at time of application)
- Retrospective funding - the Fund will not pay for goods or services that have already been purchased or provided
- Promotion of politics or religion
- Grants for individuals
Fund now open - how to apply
Dumfries and Galloway Regionwide Community Fund is now open for applications.
Please email your completed form and any supporting documents to GrantApplications@dumgal.gov.uk by 5pm on 23 April 2021
Please note that no funding will be distributed until after the closing date.
Annual Report - Year 1
The Annual Report for the first year of the Fund's operation was approved by Dumfries and Galloway Council's Communities Committee on 10th November 2020. This report contains information on the Fund's operating arrangements, and the successful applicants for the first year. You can view the report below;
For further information contact
Call 07880 740112