Telephony upgrade -
find out more

Elections and voting

Information and advice on elections.

One councillor is to be elected for the Dee and Glenkens Ward of Dumfries and Galloway Council.
You need to be registered to vote in UK elections and referendums. Everyone who is registered to vote is listed on the electoral register.
The Electoral Registration Officer keeps an electoral register and an open register (or the edited register) using information provided by the public when they register to vote.
The elected politicians who represent you at a national and European level.
There are five types of elections you can vote in and we administer all of these for Dumfries and Galloway.
You can vote in an election by going to your nominated polling place, requesting a postal post or nominating a proxy.
The election expenses from the candidates in various elections are available to the public for inspection.
Page last updated: 19/10/2017
email icon print icon Bookmark and Share