£300,000 of the Town Centre Living fund has been allocated for 2020/21 to tackle the problem of Empty Homes within the town centre boundaries as defined in the Local Development Plan.
A 50% grant rate will be made available to eligible properties with maximum award of £20,000 based on works costing £40,000. The grant will be subject to the standard grant conditions set out in the Housing (Scotland) Act 2006.
This scheme is open to private landlords and private owners who intend to occupy the property subject to the following conditions: -
- Once works are completed, the property must either:
- be made available for letting at or below the Local Housing Allowance rate for a minimum of five years following completion of the works; or
- be occupied by the owner or their family for a minimum of five years.
- For the period of five years, following the payment of an empty property grant, the owner must prove to the Council on an annual basis the property is still being made available for private let at the Local Housing Allowance Rate or being occupied by the owner or family.
- Properties can be residential or unused commercial space above shops that have previously been used as residential accommodation.
- Properties need to have been empty for at least 1 year.
- 10% of the grant award will be withheld until the landlord provides documentary evidence the property is occupied
To arrange an initial visit to your property by one of our team
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 01387 273150 / 273153