You can visit our sites and view our collections for free.
We welcome the opportunity to give advice about using the Heritage Service resources. We can undertake quick catalogue searches, outline what's available and our help is free of charge for the first half hour.
If the assistance you need from us will take longer than 30mins we'll provide you with a quote based on a £35 per hour charge.
How we can help you
- Research: We can carry out research on your behalf or support you individually for an agreed period.
- Family History/Genealogical Research: We can help you research your family tree, the history of your house, a local area, or a specific subject.
- Other Research Services: if you'd like assistance with something just ask us and we'll let you know if we can help.
How does it work?
- Contact us: email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what you'd like to research.
- More Information: a member of our team will be in touch to ask more details.
- Quote: you'll be provided with a personalised quote before you book any services.
- Confirm: confirm you're happy to progress.
- Invoice: we'll send you an invoice which you can pay online.
- Research: we'll conduct the work we've agreed on in the quote.
- Outcome: you'll receive any documents and reports included in the quote such as brief or detailed reports, printed or digital, and can include images, certificates, and maps where appropriate.
Details on all fees and charges are included below. If you are a Commercial Customer please contact us.
Research services and supported visits taking longer than 30 minutes can be provided by our Heritage Officer, Team Leader or Researchers relating to complex enquiries, virtual services, genealogical research.
£35 per hour
Enabling customers to take images of heritage resources held within DGC collections for personal use.
Alongside completion of a Copyright Declaration Form.
Heritage appointments are 3 hours minimum and this would enable images to be taken during the supervised appointment.
£20 per appointment
Vehicle Registration Extract
Production of a certified extract from local vehicle registers (1903 - 1975) which enable customers to reregister original number plates with the DVLA.
Talks delivered about the Heritage Service Collections and Services
Talks delivered on bespoke topics by professional Heritage Service Team.
£35 per hour to be charged on a project basis including preparation and talk delivery.
These charges will be in effect from 1 April 2022.
If you have an enquiry or would like us to do research on your behalf, please email email@example.com or call us on 01387 260285.