Community Planning brings together local agencies and organisations from the public, private and third sector. Partners work with each other and local communities to deliver better public services.
We are part of the Community Planning partnership in Dumfries and Galloway along with representatives from a wide range of partners, including representatives from:
- the further and higher education sector
- the housing sector
- Dumfries and Galloway Integration Joint Board
- NHS Dumfries and Galloway
- Police Scotland
- the private sector
- South West of Scotland Transport Partnership
- South of Scotland Enterprise
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- the third sector
A partnership board sets out a joint vision and high level outcomes for the region in the form of a Local Outcomes Improvement Plan. A number of different groups then support and promote Community Planning in the local area.