COVID-19 Retail, Hospitality, Leisure and Aviation Relief
50% non-domestic rates relief is available for eligible Retail, Hospitality, Leisure and Aviation properties for the period from 1 April 22 to 30 June 2022. The relief is capped at £27,500 per ratepayer. You are required to apply for this relief using an online form.
To be eligible, your premises must be wholly or mainly used for one of the following purposes:
- Bed and breakfast accommodation
- Camping site
- Caravan site
- Chalet, holiday hut and bothy
- Guest house, hotel and hostel
- Public house
- Self-catering holiday accommodation
- Timeshare accommodation
- Retail shop
- Service providers - hair and beauty services, shoe repairs, key cutting, photo processing, laundry services, car or tool hire, car washing or repair of domestic electrical goods
- Letting agency and funeral parlour
- Travel agency
- News publishing
Your annual bill will be issued with your full balance on it. If you apply for the relief and qualify, an amended bill will be issued detailing the full amount of the reduction and your instalments which will be split over the remaining payments of the financial year. If you think you will have difficulty paying you can contact us and discuss an instalment plan.
You do not need to apply for this relief if you already have 100% relief under a different category for example Small Business Bonus Relief.
How to apply
You can submit an application using our online form for this relief.
You will need the following information available when applying:
- The Account Reference shown on your Non-Domestic Rates bill (or an Assessor's Property Reference Number)
- The name of the person or business shown as the ratepayer on your Non-Domestic Rates bill
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01387 260085 if you need further details on this relief.