Register for iPayimpact: step-by-step guide
iPayimpact encourages users to use a Single Sign On (SSO) system called 'mygovscot-myaccount' for user authentication.
This means you can use the same login to access other council services. 'mygovscot-myaccount' shares some of your data with iPayimpact.
You can then link your login to an iPayimpact account using your childs NEC (Young Scot) card number. Your child's school will provide this.
If you do not currently have a mygovscot-myaccount login:
- Go to www.ipayimpact.co.uk . Click 'Log In', then 'mygovscot-myaccount'.
- Click on Register
- Enter the necessary data (this is where you will create your username and password)
- You will be sent an email with a verification link to activate your account
- Login in to the registered email address you provided and activate your 'myaccount'
- You will receive an acknowledgement that that your account has been activated successfully. Click on the link to sign in
- Login to 'mygovscot-myaccount' using your username and password
You will now be asked to accept Terms and Conditions for myaccount. Once you have read these, tick the green box to accept.
Then you will be asked to share the core data you have just entered with iPayimpact. You can also opt to share optional data. If you consent to the sharing of this data select 'Yes, take me there'. You will be automatically redirected to iPayimpact.
You are now ready to log in to iPayimpact and link your child's account
- Login to iPayimpact using your mygovscot-myaccount login.
- You should be redirected to iPayimpact. If this is the first time you have ever used iPayimpact, then you will be automatically set up on the system. The data that you have agreed to share will be set as your My Profile information.
- If you have previously registered for iPayimpact and already have an account with iPayimpact you will still be able to log in as normal. If you link another child in the future, you will be asked to create a myaccount login following the step by step guide.
We recommend that existing iPayimpact users create a Myaccount login using the same email address and this will allow you to link both accounts together without losing any linked accounts or payment history.
Linking your Login to a Student account
You can have many Accounts associated with your Login:
- Login to iPayimpact using your mygovscot-myaccount login
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- Click the Link a New Account button.
- Enter your child's NEC card number (first 14 digits) as detailed on their Young Scots Card
- Click Find Account and Establishment.
- Select Establishment from the list box (if a list is offered).
- Click the Link Account button.
You should now be able to make payments for this new account.