Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan 2019-2024
What is Rapid Rehousing?
The Scottish Government have set out the vision for rapid rehousing:
- A settled mainstream and sustainable housing outcome as quickly as possible
- Time spent in any form of temporary accommodation reduced to a minimum, with fewer transitions
- Where temporary accommodation is needed, the preferable option is mainstream, furnished and within a community
And for people with multiple needs beyond housing:
- Housing First is the first response for people with severe and multiple disadvantage
- Highly specialist provision with small, shared, supported and trauma informed environments if mainstream housing , including Housing First, is not possible or preferable.
The Dumfries and Galloway Rapid Rehousing Plan 2019-2024 is a 5 year plan built around the following Themes and mission statements:
The Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan contributes to the Council's Homeless Strategy contributing to the Council's Priority to "protect our most vulnerable people" and to outcome 4 of the Local Outcomes Improvement Plan 2017-2027 "there is affordable and warm housing for all". Through the Homeless Strategy, this plan also sits within the Community Planning Partners wider strategic planning framework of the Local Outcome Improvement Plan and Local Housing Strategy.
The Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan is set out around 3 key themes:
- Theme 1 Prevention and Housing Options "to work in partnership to prevent homelessness by providing excellent housing options advice, early intervention and support"
- Theme 2 Temporary Accommodation "To provide high quality, affordable temporary accommodation suitable for the household's needs"
- Theme 3 Housing Solutions "All households experiencing homelessness should have access to an affordable, sustainable housing solution which is suitable to their needs"
Monitoring and Review
The Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan is subject to a yearly review alongside performance monitoring reports to Communities Committee and yearly progress reports to the Scottish Government.
- Find out about housing options and help for homeless people
- Dumfries and Galloway Council's Housing Options and Homeless Strategy sets our priorities for tackling homelessness in Dumfries and Galloway
- Call 030 33 33 3000