Dumfries and Galloway Regionwide Coastal Benefit Fund
Dumfries and Galloway Regionwide Coastal Benefit Fund has been established to invest funds awarded to our Council from the net revenue generated from Scottish Crown Estate marine assets (out to 12 nautical miles).
Just over £309,000 has been allocated in 2019/20 and is now available to benefit our coastal communities across Dumfries and Galloway.
It is intended that £250,000 of the Fund will be allocated to project(s) that each have a value of more than £5,000, with the Scoring Framework weighted to support large/strategic projects that each have a value of more than £50,000.
The remaining £50,000 will be invested in smaller projects that have a value of less than £5,000.
Depending on the volume of applications received, the allocation of the Fund and remaining balance will be distributed as required.
Whilst applicants may apply for up to 100% of eligible costs, Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate wider support for the project by attracting match funding.
For more information on the background to the Coastal Benefit Fund, please see item 11 of the Communities Committee meeting of 10 December 2019 .
Who can apply
- Applications must be for new projects, which includes feasibility studies for new initiatives.
- The Fund cannot support current projects or the ongoing running costs of organisations, but existing organisations can apply for new projects and activities.
- Applications can be for capital and/or revenue costs
- Applications must be for projects that are expected to use the grant award within a 12 month period
- Applications can be submitted from both public and third sector organisations. Third Sector organisations require to have a constitution and appropriate governance and financial arrangements in place, proportionate to the value of the application.
- Applications must benefit communities that have a coastline - the Community Council areas which this covers are contained in the Guidance and Criteria (see below).
How to apply
Dumfries and Galloway Regionwide Coastal Benefit Fund is now open for applications.
If you are requesting £50,000 or more, you are required to give us additional information to all Officers to complete a Social Value Assessment:
Please email your completed form and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 23 March 2020.
Awards will be decided by the Communities Committee on 21 April 2020.
Alternatively, please call Derek Hextall on 01387 260026.