Dumfriesshire Educational Trust
The scheme awards financial assistance to residents and looked after young people who live in Dumfriesshire and are either attending or looking to attend educational activities.
Educational activities can include:
- attending a course
- obtaining a qualification
- obtaining practical experience in a trade
- promoting education in visual arts
- promoting education in music
Financial assistance may also be available for travel or equipment expenses that arise with educational activities.
Awards may only be granted to individuals who;
· Are normally resident in Dumfriesshire
· Educated in Dumfriesshire for a minimum of five years
· Who have secured a Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) bursary
Looked after young people
The Trust will also consider applications from 'looked after children' under the age of 18, who are in an educational course with a recognised qualification. They need to meet the following criteria:
- have been looked after or are currently being looked after within the last 3 years
- their address is currently or has been within the former boundary of Dumfriesshire within the last 3 years
How to apply (currently closed)
The Trust is currently closed for applications. It is anticipated that the Fund will open for applications again in September 2022.
Applications are usually considered annually in November. For successful applicants payment would be made directly to the applicants personal bank account, details of which must be included in the application form.
The Edinburgh Dumfriesshire Scholarship also available to secondary school pupils who have been mainly educated in Dumfriesshire and are looking to attend higher education at Edinburgh University.
You can get in touch for further information:
- Email TrustApplications@dumgal.gov.uk
- Call 07919 394257