Active Schools is a national programme that offers school pupils the chance to take part in extra-curricular sport and physical activities in and out of school.
The Active School and Community Sport team are part of the Councils Education and Learning Directorate - Sportscotland .
Active Schools in Dumfries and Galloway
The Active Schools and Community Sport team will:
- Sustain quality opportunities to participate in extra curricular sport and physical activity (before, during lunchtime and after school)
- Identify and recruit volunteers from school networks to deliver opportunities ensuring they have the confidence, skills and knowledge
- Increase the number and diversity of children participating in Active Schools activities
- Support young people to participate and achieve in school sport competitions and festivals
- Information on sessions and how to register will be promoted through teachers, social media, school newsletters and posters displayed in schools. Ask for further information at your school office or Physical Education department
It would be difficult to provide many of the sport sessions without trained volunteers. We need people to support us by delivering coaching and helping out at events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to have a chat about how we could help you to volunteer with Active Schools.
We will provide appropriate mentoring training for all Active Schools volunteers.
You can get the latest Active Schools updates by following our social media sites:
- Follow @DGCsport on Twitter
- Like Annandale and Eskdale Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Nithsdale Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Stewartry Active Schools on Facebook
- Like Wigtownshire Active Schools on Facebook
You can also email the team in your area for further information:
- Annandale and Eskdale - email@example.com
- Nithsdale - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stewartry - email@example.com
- Wigtownshire - firstname.lastname@example.org