Children's Services Plan
The Children's Services Plan sets out our vision and commitment to improving the lives of children, young people and their families in Dumfries and Galloway.
We're committed to Getting it Right for Every Child. This means that all services that work with children, young people and their families should work together to put children, young people and their families at the centre of everything they do.
The plan was agreed in April 2017
The plan's vision is to ensure that all children are safe and achieve their full potential.
We will listen to children, young people and their families and work together to make sure they get the right help at the right time.
The Children's Services Plan has a clear set of priority areas for action. We will:
- ensure that children and young people are safe and free from harm
- ensure children and young people get support at the earliest appropriate time through prevention and early intervention
- improve the well being and life chances of our most vulnerable children and young people
- work to reduce or remove barriers so that all children and young people have equality of opportunity
- deliver the best possible health and well being for all children and young people
- raise attainment and be ambitious for all children and young people.
These priorities demonstrate our focus on protecting and supporting our most vulnerable young people.
Annual Report 2018/2019
The aim of this report is to demonstrate how the implementation of our Children's Services Plan in its 2nd year. This report provides information on how well we have delivered our priority actions in the reporting period with details of our key strengths, challenges and areas for improvement.