Lord Lieutenants in your area
Lord Lieutenants are the King's personal representatives in each region of the UK. Dumfries and Galloway is served by three Lord Lieutenants.
Lord-Lieutenant: Fiona Armstrong
Clerk: Alison Burgess
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07909 892937, 07834 629844, 01387 260285
Stewartry of Kirkcudbright
Lord-Lieutenant: Matthew St Clair, The Lord Sinclair
Clerk: Maureen Sinclair
Email email@example.com or call 01387 260100
Lord-Lieutenant: Mrs Aileen Brewis
Clerk: Julia Farroll
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01776 888428
Lord-Lieutenants can be contacted through their clerks.
Visit The Lord Lieutenancies of Dumfries and Galloway website here.
Lord-Lieutenants work closely with voluntary services, charities and local businesses. They carry out a variety of duties including:
- presenting birthday and anniversary greetings on behalf of the King
- making and supporting nominations for The King's Honours
- making and supporting nominations for The King's Award for Voluntary Service
- attending Citizenship Ceremonies
- arranging visits by members of the Royal family and escorting Royal visitors.
- keeping the Kings's Royal Office informed on local issues
- making recommendations for invites to His Majesty's Garden Party
- participating in civic, voluntary and social activities
- liaising with local units of the Armed Services and their associated cadet forces
The Lord-Lieutenant is supported by a Vice Lord Lieutenant and Deputy Lieutenants who come from the local community and attend to duties when the Lord Lieutenant is not available.