Additional support for learning
Some children and young people need extra help in school to make progress. We have a legal duty to provide additional support for children who would be unable to benefit from school education without this help.
It's our job to:
- identify additional support needs
- provide the additional support required
- monitor the needs and support we provide
- respond to requests for assessment from parents
Questions about your child
You should discuss any concerns about your child's progress or well-being at school with the class teacher or head teacher in primary school or the pupil support teacher in secondary school.
Further information and advice
You can contact our Supporting Learners Team:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01387 273600
- Write to 122 - 124 Irish Street, Dumfries, DG1 2PB
Independent advice and information is also available from: