Dumfries Learning Town development phases
Dumfries Learning Town will be completed in two phases and includes new purpose built facilities as well as the redevelopment of existing facilities.
Phase 1 - opening 2018 onwards
- A new campus called the North West Campus will incorporate St Ninian`s Primary School and Nursery, Lochside Primary School and Nursery and Maxwelltown High School.Langlands Special Secondary School (20 pupils) for pupils with severe and complex needs will also be located at the North West Campus. The campus will also be available to the wider community by incorporating Lochside Public Library on a new site on Lochside Road and the Maxwelltown Community Sports Hub.
- There will be a major redevelopment of St Joseph's College retaining and enhancing its historic buildings.
- The Bridge is a facility we're planning to build in Dumfries which will help develop people develop specialist skills and knowledge that they need for further education and work. The Bridge will be built next to the King George V Sports Complex on Glasgow Road as part of the Dumfries Learning Town Project. Work should start in Spring 2017 with the facility due to open in early 2019.
Phase 2 - opening 2021 onwards
Still in the early stages of planning and funding, the plan for phase 2 is:
- A new campus called the North East Campus will incorporate Dumfries High School, Noblehill Primary and Nursery School and redevelop the David Keswick Sports Centre and running track at the Marchmount site.
- Development of a Central Campus that will redevelop Dumfries Academy and re-site Loreburn Primary School within the Minerva building.
- A new Laurieknowe Nursery and Primary school will be built on its present site.
Contact us with any questions: