Report flooding and burst water mains

Different agencies are responsible for different types of flooding.

Roads, drains and watercourses

We are responsible for road flooding and flooding from blocked public drains

Fly tipping can cause blockages to watercourses and drains

Burst water mains and sewers

Flooding from sewers or burst water mains should be reported to Scottish Water.

Flooded rivers or reservoirs

The Environment Agency SEPA encourages reports of flooding to build a picture of conditions and to help others to prepare or avoid disruption.

After a flood

Report flooding to us after the event so that we can build a picture for the future:

Run off from land or water logged gardens

This is the responsibility of the land owner.

Page last updated: 02/09/2019
email icon print icon