Becoming a Trusted Trader
Trusted Traders invite customers to give feedback which can be viewed online and help generate business. The scheme is monitored by our Trading Standards service.
Applications are welcome from all business sectors and the scheme is free to join.
You need to:
- have been trading for 6 months
- have public liability insurance
- have evidence of any experience or qualifications you claim to have
- have had no significant customer complaints
- issue customer feedback cards (which will be returned to us)
Benefits to your business
- We will promote the scheme to local consumers via our website, social media, local press and other forms of promotions.
- Being a member of the scheme shows potential customers that you are a reputable, reliable business.
- You will be provided with marketing materials for use at premises and on vehicles, stationery, and websites to show potential customers that you a trusted trader
You will receive support from our Trading Standards team to help you to understand and comply with consumer protection legislation.
How to join
You can also request a Trusted Trader application pack to be sent out.
How we check your business
When we receive your application we:
- look at any complaint data and information we hold about your business.
- check any trade association membership details.
- obtain a copy of your public liability insurance documents.
- seek comments from previous customers about your trading practices.
- examine documentation you use to see that it complies with consumer protection legislation when entering into a contract with a customer.
The scheme relies on you being honest and reputable and you must agree to abide by the terms and conditions. We monitor both members' business practices and customer feedback.