Lockerbie Household Waste Recycling Centre
You can take household waste to the recycling centre near Lockerbie which is operated by Dumfries and Galloway Council. Commercial waste isn't accepted at this centre.
To allow a full recycling service to be provided whilst ensuring social distancing can be safely managed on the sites a booking system will be now in operation. By booking and turning up as close to your allotted time as possible queuing traffic impacting on the public road network will be minimised. Subject to availability, a timeslot can be booked up to 9 days in advance.
What we'll accept
- Cardboard and books
- Glass bottles and jars
- Electrical appliances
- Televisions and monitors
- Fridges and freezers
- Household batteries
- Fluorescent tubes and low energy light bulbs
- Green waste
- Soil and rubble
- Textiles, clothing and shoes
- Metal cans, tins and clean aluminium foil
- Scrap metal
- Car batteries
- Waste engine oil (10 litres per visit)
- Gas bottles - these should be returned to your supplier
- Non-recyclable waste
Tips for when you arrive
- Always follow the safety guidelines advertised on site
- Have your waste and recycling organised in boxes and/or bags
- Try to arrive as close to your time slot as possible
Please note that the council household waste recycling centres are not licenced to accept commercial or trade waste. By using this service you are confirming that the waste you are bringing is from a household or non-commercial source. The definition of commercial includes anyone receiving payment for disposal of another property's household waste.
You can also use our address search to find household waste recycling points, there are lots of these across the region and they might be a useful alternative.
You might also want to consider:
- requesting a collection for large items (bulky uplifts)
- requesting a collection for domestic appliances (white goods uplifts)
- donating items to a local charity or re-use organisation
Enquiries and feedback
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 030 33 33 3000.