We no longer have any council houses. Housing associations are the main providers of new and affordable social housing in Dumfries and Galloway.
All applications for social rented housing go through Homes4D&G. This is the name of the common housing register and is a partnership between:
- Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership (DGHP)
- Cunninghame Housing Association
- Irvine Housing Association
- Home Scotland
- Dumfries and Galloway Council
You can submit one application to Homes4D&G which is considered by all four of the registered social landlords using the same allocation policy to assess applications. Everyone applying for housing in Dumfries and Galloway will have their circumstances assessed in exactly the same way.
Anyone aged 16 or over can apply but there is no automatic right to receive an offer of housing. There's not enough social housing to meet the needs of every applicant so points are awarded to reflect individual circumstances and identify people with the greatest need, this includes points based on:
- your medical needs
- the number of occupants and bedrooms in your home
- the standard of your current property
- the type and length of your tenancy agreement
- whether you have to share facilities with others
- whether you are living in a flat with children
- if you need to move to provide or receive care
How to apply
You'll need to provide:
- your contact details
- your date of birth and National Insurance number
- information about your current accommodation
- reasons for applying
- information about your personal circumstances
- details of people living with you
- information about your housing requirements
You can also call 0300 123 1230 to apply by phone or request an application form.
You should receive a response within 10 working days.
Homes4D&G will provide written confirmation of application details including the number of points you have been awarded. Your assessment may be delayed if you don't give them enough information.
Applications that are approved will be added to the waiting list for properties which match your requirements. Homes4D&G will let you know your position on this list.
Other sources of support
Depending on your situation you may also find help and support from other services. You can find out who might help you locally by using find my nearest and choosing 'Housing Support Outreach Services'.