Change of address for council tax
If you are moving house in the next 21 days or have already moved house then you need to tell us.
You can complete one of our online forms and will need to provide:
- personal details
- address details
- landlord's details (if applicable)
- solicitor's details (if applicable)
- bank account details (if you wish to pay by Direct Debit)
The online forms should not be used by landlords or solicitors, if you are a landlord or solicitor then you can download a form to let us know about changes.
Moving into the area
Open an account if you are moving into the region or weren't responsible for council tax at your old house.
Tell us you're moving into Dumfries and Galloway
Moving within the area
Update your account if you are moving within the region.
Tell us you're moving within Dumfries and Galloway
Moving out of the area
Close your account if you are moving out of the region or won't be responsible for council tax at your new house.
Tell us you're moving out of Dumfries and Galloway
Let us know about a tenant's change of address:
Other ways to get in touch
If you aren't sure which form to complete then you can also update your account details by contacting us directly:
- Complete an online enquiry form
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 030 33 33 3005
- Write to Local Taxation Team, PO Box 9089 Dumfries, DG1 9EB
- Visit one of our Customer Service Centres