Council tax reductions for tied or job related accommodation
You may get a discount on your council tax if you live in a property that is tied to your job and you have to live there.
You may get a 50% discount if you:
- are required to live in a property as part of your job but your main residence is elsewhere
- have left a property unoccupied because you must live elsewhere as part of your job
The discount may be applied to either property depending on your circumstances.
Apply for a discount
You will need to provide information on:
- your council tax account
- your name and contact details
- the property you live in
- the property you are claiming a reduction for
- any relevant dates of occupation
- evidence to support your claim
You can also call 030 33 33 3005 or visit one of our customer service centres .
What happens next
We aim to deal with applications within 14 days of receiving all of the relevant information. Your account will be updated as soon as a decision is made.
Changes in your circumstances
You should always let us know if your circumstances change for any reason.
- Call 030 33 33 3005 or visit one of our customer service centres .