Funded early learning and childcare for 3 and 4 year olds
The number of funded hours and start dates depend on your child's date of birth. Registration for the 2020/21 academic year has taken place on 26 and 27 February 2020.
Details of when your child will be eligible to start is detailed below.
Date of child's birthday
1 March 2016 to 28 February 2017
1 March 2017 to 31 August 2017
1 September 2017 to 31 December 2017
1 January 2018 to 28 February 2018
How to register
Registration for the next school year (2020/21) will take place on Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 February 2020. You need to register for a place with your preferred provider .
You will need to take the following information along with you when you go to register your child/ren.
- date of birth (birth certificate)
- home address (a recent council tax or utility bill)
How places are allocated
Places at council nurseries are allocated based on priority groupings, from 1 (highest priority) to 8 (lowest priority):
1. Year 1 and Year 2 children with additional support needs including, children who have deferred entry to school and Looked After children.
2. a) Year 1 and Year 2 children residing in families within the nursey zone where both parents/carers or lone parents require the place for work/training purposes.
b) Year 1 and Year 2 children residing in families within the nursey zone with siblings already in the setting.
3. Year 2 Children within the nursery zone.
4. Year 1 Children within the nursery zone.
5. Children out with the nursery's zone who are applying to the same nursery they attended in their first year and who have siblings in the school/nursery.
6. Children out with the nursery's zone who have siblings in the school/nursery.
7. Children out with the nursery's zone who are applying to the same nursery they attended in their first year.
8. Children out with the nursery's zone
What happens next
Providers will write to tell you their decision. Parents/carers registering in February this year will be informed by the end of May/start of June.
Following registration, If your details change you must contact the provider(s) as soon as possible so that any amendments can be made to your personal details on your application form or if you want to request a change to the number or pattern of sessions you've asked for.
If you decide that you want to change your provider, you must complete a Transfer Request form. The provider needs 2 weeks notice if your child has already started with them and the form must be sent to us at least 10 days before the transfer takes place.
You have to complete a Leavers Form if you no longer want your child to attend a provider or you're leaving the area. Ask the provider for a copy of this form.