Copies of registration certificates
You can purchase additional copies of certificates for births, deaths, marriages or civil partnerships from us.
You'll have to pay a fee for your certificate:
- At registration or within one month of registering - £10
- When showing an original - £10
- All other copies - £15
There is a £6.50 charge for replacements sent by post until 31 March 2020 which will increase to £7.00 on 1 April 2020.
You need to give us a few details:
- Birth certificates - the child's full name, the date of birth, the place of birth and the mother's maiden surname.
- Death certificates - the deceased person's full name, the date of death and the place of death.
- Marriage certificates - the full names of both parties, the date of marriage and place of marriage.
- Civil partnership certificates - the full names of both partners, the date of partnership and the place of partnership.
Request a certificate
- call one of our local registration offices and pay by credit or debit card
- visit one of our local registration offices and pay by cash, card or cheque
- write to one of our local registration offices and enclose a cheque made payable to Dumfries and Galloway Council
Contact the National Records of Scotland to request a copy of a birth certificate for someone who was adopted.