Corridor Regeneration Strategy Group (CoReS)
The aim of the Corridor Regeneration Strategy Group (CoRES) 2013 is to promote and maximise the strategic economic development potential of the M74 corridor and the wider Annandale and Eskdale area of Dumfries and Galloway.
The role of the group is to work collaboratively and / or individually to:
- market the East of Dumfries and Galloway as a positive destination for existing and new businesses and visitors.
- promote sustainable economic development and seek to attract new and growing investment to the corridor, targeting emerging sectors and research & development opportunities.
- identify, and support interventions required to alleviate, strategic barriers to growth.
- support the development and delivery of agreed strategic priority projects such as the Chapelcross site and links with the Cumbria region.
- promote the need for improved transportation and digital connectivity.
- refer strategic priorities for consideration to Dumfries and Galloway Council, Scottish Enterprise or any other public sector agencies.
- promote challenges and opportunities to Scottish Government, UK Government and key National Agencies.
|Membership of Group||No. of |
|Dumfries and Galloway Council||3|
|Member of Scottish Parliament||1|
|Member of UK Parliament||1|
|Chapelcross Site Manager||1|
|Chapelcross SSG Chair||1|
|NDA (Property / Estates)||1|
|NDA (Socio Economic)||1|
|Federation of Small Business||1|
|D&G Chamber of Commerce||1|
|Co-opted national agency||as required|
|Co-opted businesses||as required|
|Invited representatives||(on a thematic basis as required)|
A Chair and Vice Chair will be agreed by the Group on an annual basis.