- local libraries across Dumfries and Galloway now offer easy access to a range of self-help books designed to help you cope with everyday issues such as mild stress, anxiety and depression
- the books in the collections have been chosen because people who have used them before have found them helpful
- the books provide simple step-by-step approaches to encourage you to think about the way that your thoughts, feelings and behaviour impact on your well-being. This may help you to learn more about and manage your health problems
- collections will be based in libraries in Castle Douglas, Dumfries (Ewart) and Stranraer, although you can borrow the books through any local library
- the service couldn't be easier to use – simply join the library and take the books away immediately
At your local library you can get access to a selection of leaflets recommended by healthcare professionals and free broadband access to the internet where you can browse websites to help and support you.
Useful websites and telephone numbers are detailed below:
www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk - Moodjuice is an Internet site designed to offer information, advice to those experiencing troublesome thoughts, feelings and actions.
Samaritans - 08457 90 90 90 (24 hours)
Breathing Space - 0800 83 85 87 (Monday - Thursday: 6pm - 2am) Weekends: Friday - Monday: 6pm - 6am)
We work in partnership with a number of groups to try to improve the services we offer. If you have any comment, complaint and suggestion regarding this service please contact us in the first instance.