We no longer have any council houses. Housing associations are the main providers of new and affordable social housing in Dumfries and Galloway.
All applications for social rented housing go through Homes4D&G. This is the name of the common housing register and is a partnership between:
- Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership (DGHP)
- Loreburn Housing Association
- Irvine Housing Association
- Home Scotland
- Dumfries and Galloway Council
You can submit one application to Homes4D&G which is considered by all four of the registered social landlords.
Apply for housing
You'll need to provide:
- your contact details
- your date of birth and National Insurance number
- information about your current accommodation
- reasons for applying
- information about your personal circumstances
- details of people living with you
- information about your housing requirements
You will receive a response within 10 working days.
Applications that are approved will be added to the waiting list for properties which match your requirements. Homes4D&G will let you know your position on this list.