|

St Michael's Primary School

Originally, the school began as a Church School attached to the South Free Territorial Church. The school opened in 1865 and provided a general education - including Latin, for some pupils.

St Michael's Primary School

Head Teacher:  Mrs H Thomson

Roll:  174

Chair of Parent Council:  Mrs Joyce Hamilton

Does the school have a nursery?  No

Does the school have a learning centre? No


You can view the latest HMIe inspection report for St Michael's Primary School which is designed to show how well children are being educated and to help the school to improve.


Further Information


Although it received a Government Grant, the school was very much an ecclesiastical one and was inspected regularly by the Presbytery.  The history of the school is extremely well documented in the four school Log Books, the first of these dates from April 17th, 1866.  In 1876, the school moved to its present site.

The school has a plaque situated at the front door, which is dedicated to John Law Hume, violinist and Tom Mullin, steward - two former pupils who tragically died on the Titanic on the 15th April 1912.


Location Map


Related Information

Contact Details

 

St Michael's Primary School

Glebe Street
Dumfries
DG1 2LZ

Tel: 01387 253058
Email this contact
Web: Visit website

Related Documents

External Links

Contact Dumfries and Galloway Council T: 030 33 33 3000

Council Offices
English Street
Dumfries
DG1 2DD

Comments, Compliments and Complaints