The award of clothing grants is to assist with the cost of school clothing for families who are on a qualifying benefit or on a low income.
You may be eligible for a school clothing grant if you have a child that attends a school in Dumfries and Galloway and you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Jobseeker's Allowance (Income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income based)
- Child Tax Credit on its own, with an annual taxable income of less than £16,105 (subject to change)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of less than £6,420 (subject to change)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
You must tell us if there are any changes to your financial circumstances.
We won't pay grants to pupils aged 16 (or who turn 16 between 1 March and 30 September) until after the summer holidays. We need the school to confirm attendance.
This form can also be used to apply for free school meals.
We will issue cheques to the parents/guardians of eligible pupils.