The Outdoor Access Forum's main role is to advise the Council on access issues and the development of the Core Paths Plan. The forum consists of 15 members representing land managers, recreation groups and public bodies.
Use this link to see contact details for Access Forum Members
The Outdoor Access Forum are advising Dumfries and Galloway Council to ensure the region's population is represented in decisions that are made on Outdoor Access.
The remit of the group is to provide advice on:
- The exercise of access rights
- The adoption and use of core paths
- The resolution of disputes
- Exemptions of land
Within Dumfries and Galloway this remit is widened to take on a more strategic overview of access-related work to include:
- The Countryside Access Strategy
- Funding for Access work and Joint Projects
- Raising Awareness on Access Issues
- Education promoting responsible Countryside Access
- Access Monitoring Projects and Initiatives
- Assisting and Supporting Access Partnerships
The Forum meets three or four times a year at Castle Douglas at 2pm.
Date of Next Meeting
Wednesday 5th December 2012
Minute - 8 June 2011 [46kb]
Minute - 7 September 2011 [30kb]
Minute - 7 December 2011 [46kb]
Minute - 7 March 2012 [46kb]
Minute - 30 May 2012 [41kb]