Information on council procurement including supply and purchasing procedures, lists of contracts, contracts management and procurement policy.
Our Council has formed a team to develop the procurement function within our Council. The team is part of the Chief Executive Service and their aim is to improve Council procurement by tendering new contracts, introducing e-procurement to Council services and developing knowledge of procurement law and procedures amongst officers.
Procurement provides a wide range of information and advice including:
- assisting suppliers who may be interested in bidding for contract opportunities
- reducing costs by creating efficient procurement
- working in partnership with our partners in the private, voluntary and public sector
- complying with legal regulations
- achieving best value
- supporting local businesses in the regeneration process
- ensuring that sustainability is considered in procurement decisions