The Business Gateway service aims to support new start and existing businesses by providing information, advice and skills workshops. A segmentation approach is applied to focus resources on businesses that can demonstrate growth potential.
The Business Gateway service in Dumfries and Galloway is provided on a contract basis and is operated by DHP Scotland Limited. The contract is managed by the Business and Enterprise Manager.
The Business Gateway service provides business advice from experienced qualified business advisers based in Buccleuch Street, Dumfries and also through outreach offices in Stranraer.
Business Gateway support is provided for:
- Business Start Ups
- Existing Businesses seeking to grow
- VAT Business Start ups
- Growth Business start ups
The service is provided through:
- Workshops covering a wide range of topics from start up, business planning, bookkeeping, through to web development, maximising your web presence and marketing including effective use of social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
- One to One meetings with Business advisors (including at Clients premises if required)
- Telephone contact with advisers
- Business Gateway website