Easter activities and sports academy programmes 2015
Our Council will be working with a range of partners and local sports clubs to provide a variety of activities for children of all ages to take part in during the Easter holiday break. The Active Start and Active and Achieving sessions will take place throughout the region and will include something that will interest you.
The Council are providing young children with an opportunity to try a wide variety of activities. It is important that children are introduced to activity from a young age. Encouraging children to take part in sport whilst they are young is one of the best ways for them to become equipped with the physical ability and confidence to keep active throughout their lifetime.
The activities kick off on Tuesday 7 April until Friday 17 April to keep children active, healthy and creative. To make things easier for you, our activities have been split by area.
Please note some of the activities listed in the brochures require prior booking and payment. Please see individual programmes for booking and pricing details.
Annandale and Eskdale Sports Academy
To book your classes in Annandale and Eskdale:
- By phone: Call 030 33 33 3000 ask for Annan Council Offices Customer Service Centre. You can pay by credit/debit card.
- By post: Send you completed form to Annandale and Eskdale Sports Academy, Council Offices, 16 High Street, Annan, DG12 6AQ, enclosing a cheque made payable to Dumfries and Galloway Council.
- In person: You can hand your form into your local Customer Service Centre at Annan, Langholm, Lockerbie, Lochmaben, Moffat and Gretna. You can pay by cash, credit/debit card or cheque.
- Find your local customer service centre
Nithsdale Sports Academy
- Nithsdale Easter activities programme (coming soon)
Stewartry Sports Academy
- Stewartry Easter activities programme (coming soon)
Wigtown Sports Academy
- Wigtown Easter activities programme (coming soon)
Visit your local museum this autumn
There are always museum trails and mini-activities available in our museums throughout the year, but we also offer a great range of special events and it's free!