Autumn activities and sports academy programmes 2014
Our Council will be working with a range of partners and local sports clubs to provide a variety of activities for children of all ages to take part in during the October holiday break. The Active Start and Active and Achieving sessions will take place throughout the region and will include something that will interest you. From Strictly Come Dancing to swimming lessons and from Archery to gymnastics, there is Autumn fun for everyone!
The Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games was an overwhelming success and has hopefully inspired a generation of children to take up sport and to continue to play sport. This is why we are providing young children with an opportunity to try a wide variety of activities. It is important that children are introduced to activity from a young age. Encouraging children to take part in sport whilst they are young is one of the best ways for them to become equipped with the physical ability and confidence to keep active throughout their lifetime. The programme display's the Council's commitment to deliver a lasting legacy as a result of the Glasgow 2014 Games.
The activities kick off on Saturday 11 October until Friday 24 October to keep children active, healthy and creative. To make things easier for you, our activities have been split by area.
Please note some of the activities listed in the brochures require prior booking and payment. Please see individual programmes for booking and pricing details.
Annandale and Eskdale Sports Academy
To book your classes in Annandale and Eskdale:
- By phone: Call 030 33 33 3000 ask for Annan Council Offices Customer Service Centre. You can pay by credit/debit card.
- By post: Send you completed form to Annandale and Eskdale Sports Academy, Council Offices, 16 High Street, Annan, DG12 6AQ, enclosing a cheque made payable to Dumfries and Galloway Council.
- In person: You can hand your form into your local Customer Service Centre at Annan, Langholm, Lockerbie, Lochmaben, Moffat and Gretna. You can pay by cash, credit/debit card or cheque.
- Find your local customer service centre
Nithsdale Sports Academy
To book your classes in Nithsdale:
- By phone: call 01387 243550. You can pay by credit/debit card.
- By post: Send your completed form to DG One Leisure Complex, Hood's Loaning, Dumfries, DG1 2HT until 5 October 2014 enclosing a cheque made payable to Dumfries and Galloway Council. Then from 6 October 2014 onwards send to Loreburn Hall, Newall Terrace, Dumfries, DG1 1LN.
- In person: You can hand your form into DG One, Dumfries until 5 October 2014 and then at the Loreburn Hall from 6 October. You can pay by cash, credit/debit card or cheque.
Stewartry Sports Academy
Wigtown Sports Academy
- Wigtown Autumn activities programme (coming soon)
Visit your local museum this autumn
There are always museum trails and mini-activities available in our museums throughout the year, but we also offer a great range of special events and it's free!