Community Planning in Dumfries and Galloway
Community Planning is at the centre of the agencies' work in making policy and delivering services.
A Strategic Partnership oversees and champions the process supported by an Executive Group and central working groups. Forums and partnerships support different aspects of Community Planning, with Community Planning at Local Level forming the direct link with communities. The Community Planning Governance, Operating and Financial Framework [84kb] and Service Level Agreement [96kb] define how the arrangements work in practice.
Community Planning is a Scotland-wide initiative. The Dumfries and Galloway Single Outcome Agreement 2012-2015 [337kb] is the document which sets out the priority areas and the outcomes to be achieved by Community Planning partners during its period.
The most important part of the process is listening to and communicating with local groups and individuals. Community Planning helps you to get involved in decisions about services, to make sure they meet the individual needs of each area.
Community Planning Vision
In Dumfries and Galloway, Community Planning partners share this vision:
These principles have been identified as important in guiding partners to achieve the Vision:
- providing the right services in the right place, at the right time and at the right price.
- listening to, speaking and consulting with individuals and communities, following National Standards and Compact guidance where involving the public and ensuring participation are key elements.
- treating people equally and respecting others irrespective of social or cultural differences.
- ensuring long-term economic, social and environmental wellbeing.
- finding ways of planning and delivering services in a better way that makes a real difference to people's lives.
Community Planning Service Level Agreement and Annual Report
To demonstrate the commitment of partners to Community Planning in Dumfries and Galloway, a Service Level Agreement was introduced in 2005. It is updated each year along with a report on the previous year.