Commercial waste collection
Businesses and charities can't use the general kerbside waste collection service and must have a legal contract with a registered waste collection company.
You can register with us and we'll agree a collection plan which is tailored around your individual requirements. You can also purchase:
- wheeled bins in various sizes
- special sacks for waste not suitable for bins
- stickers for cardboard waste
We will supply the annual waste transfer note that you're legally required to have.
We'll also agree a payment plan. Invoices are usually issued quarterly and in advance. There are number of ways to pay:
- by Direct Debit
- over the phone by credit or debit card
- at one of our Customer Service Centres by cash, cheque or card
What we can't collect
There are certain types of waste that we can't uplift as part of this service:
- Hazardous waste such as car batteries, oil, paint, tyres and fluorescent tubes.
- Large commercial electrical and electronic equipment such as fridges, freezers and display cabinets.
These items must be collected and disposed of by specialist contractors. There are a number of companies locally who handle this type of collection.
We also offer a separate bulky uplift service for large items.
Contact us if you're not sure whether an item can be collected. We can provide a quote and organise an alternative pick up method if necessary.
Get in touch
You can contact us to register, arrange an assessment or organise a collection:
You can also:
- Email EnterprisingDG@dumgal.gov.uk
- Call 01387 271100
Costs are calculated per collection:
Buying a bin
Food waste (180 litre)
55 litre box
Blue sacks (10)
Pink sacks (10)
Blue stickers (10)
The arrangements for collecting commercial waste can be vary with some bins locked away and some on the kerbside. We'll visit you to assess your site and advise where and how we would collect your waste.
We'll discuss your individual requirements and organise collection days and times that suit your needs. This could involve weekly, fortnightly, monthly or seasonal collections.
Why choose us
We're the largest waste organisation in Dumfries and Galloway. Our 100 staff and 30 vehicles already provide services to over 2,000 customers across the region.
All of our services are designed to meet legislation and regulations:
- Fully compliant with the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Adhere to the Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012
We can offer a reliable service at a competitive price to help you make sure your organisation is fulfilling its legal responsibilities.