Library book collection service
You can have books collected by a relative, friend or neighbour if you have problems getting to a library.
Anyone who is a full member of the library can collect books on your behalf using our free 'Good Neighbour' membership scheme. This is a great service if you find it difficult to visit a library yourself.
How the service works
Register and tell us:
- who'll be borrowing books on your behalf
- which types of books you like (such as thrillers or romance)
- if you've got any special preferences (such as large print or talking books)
Your 'Good Neighbour' (who needs their own library membership) will get a separate card to borrow books for you. They can choose any books from our stock, including audio CDs and large print books. You can even request specific books for free too..
Register for book collection
You need to provide:
- contact details
- the name and library membership details of your nominated delivery person
- information about the kind of books you like to read
Ask your 'Good Neighbour' to complete a form with you and return it to any of our libraries.