Laurieknowe Primary School
Originally built in 1876 as a secondary school in the former burgh of Maxwelltown and named Maxwelltown School, it underwent major rebuilding in the 1930's and 60's and was eventually converted into a Primary School called Laurieknowe.
Head teacher - Mrs Sharon McLellan
School roll - 353
Chair of Parent Council - Mrs Fiona McKean
Nursery - Yes
Learning centre - No